Is it possible to control my gas fireplace with
one of your thermostats?
The Sinopé smart low-voltage thermostats available in Zigbee (TH1400ZB) and Wi-Fi (TH1400WF) allow remote control of gas fireplaces using a relay and a transformer.
Please note that an electrician should execute the following connections.
- Make sure there are 3 wires between the fireplace and the thermostat. Otherwise, the connection cannot be made unless the required wires are added.
- Connect a transformer to supply 24 VAC to the fireplace source.
- Connect the relay to the transformer and the wires going to the thermostat.
- Connect the furnace pilot to the relay.
Although Sinopé Technologies does not currently sells relays or transformers, our technical teams approve the use of these two products:
- On/Off Switching Electric Heating Relay with Built-in 24 V Transformer by Aube Technologies (120 V)
Here is the connection diagram that will allow you to control your gas fireplace from anywhere, at any time, thanks to Sinopé thermostats: